Leases Of Native American Land
The leasing, development and financing of projects on Native American lands presents unique opportunities and challenges. The attorneys at Nearhood Law Offices, PLC, have the knowledge and experience to guide lessees, developers and lenders from commencement of the project to completion.
We have served as lead counsel on several large commercial development projects on the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Reservation. Our firm has also provided legal advice for projects on the Gila River Indian Community and the Navajo Nation. On several occasions, we have been engaged as co-counsel by other attorneys to assist in the legal intricacies of projects on Native American lands. Our skill and expertise includes:
- Assisting in the preparation and presentation of a development plan
- Developing entitlements with Tribal Government
- Preparation of ground lease documents
- Preparation of development and construction agreements
- Preparation of development subleases and space leases
- Review of leasehold financing instruments
- Title work on Native American lands
- Interfacing with Tribal Government and representing clients before Tribal Council
The dedicated professionals at Nearhood Law Offices, PLC, provide sophisticated representation for real estate, business, construction, property tax and estate planning issues to clients throughout Arizona. To arrange a consultation with one of our highly qualified attorneys in Scottsdale, contact our firm online or call 480-998-3525.