James R. Nearhood has practiced law in the State of Arizona since 1976. He has been certified by the State Bar of Arizona as a Real Estate Specialist since 1991. Martindale-Hubbell National Law Directory lists Mr. Nearhood as “AV” rated and among the Top Rated Lawyers in Real Estate Law. Mr. Nearhood has also been recognized as one of the best real estate lawyers in Arizona by Super Lawyers®; Best Lawyers in America; Arizona’s Finest Lawyers (Phoenix Magazine); and Best Law Firms in Arizona (U.S. News). In 2012, Mr. Nearhood was honored with the University of Nebraska College of Law outstanding alumni award. Mr. Nearhood’s extensive legal experience includes the buying, selling, leasing and finance of real estate; the establishment of residential, commercial and mixed-use subdivisions; the leasing and development of Native American land; the sale, purchase and finance of business assets and stock interests; inter-business contractual agreements; construction documentation and dispute resolution; and business organizations. In addition to his transactional expertise, Mr. Nearhood regularly handles complex real property tax litigation before the Arizona Tax Court. Mr. Nearhood is a member of the American Bar Association (Real Property and Law Practice Sections), State Bar of Arizona (Real Property Section), and Maricopa County Bar Association.
- Real Estate
- Business Organizations and Transactions
- Property Taxation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Real Estate Specialist, State Bar of Arizona , 1991
- Arizona, 1976
- U.S. District Court, 1976
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Juris Doctorate - 1976
- University of Nebraska
- Bachelor of Science - 1972
- Rule B or Not Rule B, Prop 117 and Property Tax Reform’s Dark Side, Arizona Attorney, Vol. 51, No. 11, July/August 2015
- Landlord-Tenant Remedies, Arizona Civil Remedies Handbook, State Bar of Arizona, 1982
- Industrial Site Selection: Existing Institutions and Proposals for Reform, 55 Neb. Law Review 440, 1976
- School Segregation, United States v. School District of Omaha, 55 Neb.LRev. 144, 1975
- Frequent Lecturer, State Bar and Legal Groups on Issues of Leasing, Real Estate, and Property Taxation.
- Certified Real Estate Specialist, State Bar of Arizona, 1991 to date.
- AV Rated (The Highest Rating) Martindale-Hubbell National Law Directory
- Recognized as a Top Arizona Real Estate Lawyer By Superlawyers®; Best Lawyers in America; Arizona's Finest Lawyers; and Arizona Top Rated Lawyers
- University of Nebraska College of Law Outstanding Alumni Award
- Recognized as a SuperLawyer (2007 to date)
- Law Clerk to Honorable Jack L. Ogg, Arizona Court of Appeals
- Honorable Jack L. Ogg, Arizona Court of Appeals, Law Clerk , 1976 to 1977