Robert E. Thomson practices full-time concentrating exclusively on developing and implementing personalized strategies for non-probate estate distribution, estate tax reduction and retirement distribution planning for diverse and sophisticated individuals, professionals and business owners.
Referrals to Mr. Thomson come from over 150 financial and accounting professionals because he believes in a team approach to estate planning. Referrals from satisfied clients also account for a significant part of his current practice.
Mr. Thomson's diverse career experiences help him relate to clients and understand their unique planning needs. For example, he has served in the following positions:
- Partner in and member of the Management Committee of a 710 lawyer national law firm and managing partner of its downtown Los Angeles office.
- Senior Officer of a N.Y. Stock Exchange company located in the City of New York.
- Chairman and CEO of a real estate development company involving 17,500 acres of contiguous land in the New York metropolitan area.
- Vice Chairman of a NASDAQ listed bank holding company located in Southern California (and twice its acting president and CEO).
- Chief Deputy Los Angeles City Attorney.
Mr. Thomson devotes a significant amount of time to community services. In Fountain Hills, where he lives with his wife, Diane, he serves as:
- Chairman, Fountain Hills Senior Services Foundation.
- Member and founding Chairman, River of Time Museum Foundation.
- Member (publicly elected) and past Chairman, Fountain Hills Sanitary District.
In recognition of Mr. Thomson's community service he was elected several years ago to the Lower Verde Valley Hall of Fame.
Integral to his practice is his long-time assistant, Barbara Santopadre. Her numerous important responsibilities include scheduling appointments, assisting with the preparation of and finalizing documents, and helping clients put their assets into their trusts. She has been with Mr. Thomson since he started his Scottsdale based estate planning practice in 1996.
- Estate Planning
- Probates and Estate Administration
- Wills & Trusts
- California, 1968
- Arizona, 1995
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1968
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1968
- University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, Berkeley, California
- J.D. - 1967
- Occidental College, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. - 1963
- Major: Political Science