Charles H. Oldham
- Real Estate Litigation
Charles (Chuck) Oldham is a litigation attorney with nearly 20 years’ experience in handling real estate and commercial litigation. Mr. Oldham's primary areas of practice include commercial litigation matters with a focus on real estate litigation, including escrow and title insurance disputes, partitions, landlord/tenant disputes, adverse possession, specific performance, deed restrictions, professional real estate broker/agent disputes and purchase contract disputes. Mr. Oldham also has significant experience in other commercial litigation matters such as collections, business dissolutions, bankruptcy and professional liability and dissolution issues between unmarried co-habitants. Mr. Oldham has served as both lead and co-lead counsel in both jury and bench trials. Mr. Oldham also has extensive experience in mediation/arbitration, both as a mediator/arbitrator and as an advocate. Mr. Oldham also has a proven track record on appellate matters before both the Arizona Court of Appeals and the Arizona Supreme Court. Mr. Oldham's varied experience makes him uniquely qualified to assist clients with their real estate and other commercial disputes.
Mr. Oldham grew up in New England and graduated from Keene State College in Keene, NH in 1988 with a Bachelor of Arts in History. While at Keene State, Mr. Oldham served as the Chair of the Student Assembly, Student Body President and was named the Student Leader of the Year. Following graduation Mr. Oldham served in the United States Navy from 1989 until 1999. While in the Navy, Mr. Oldham served as a quartermaster, assistant navigator, deep sea diver and military free-fall parachutist.
Upon leaving the Navy in 1999 Mr. Oldham attended Arizona State University College of Law, graduating cum laude in 2002. While at ASU College of Law, Mr. Oldham was awarded the Order of the Coif and Order of the Barristers, was a CALI Award recipient for the highest grade in his first year real property class and was named a Pedrick Scholar. Following law school, Mr. Oldham served a clerkship with the Honorable Rebecca White Berch of the Arizona Supreme Court.
Mr. Oldham is a member of the State Bar of Arizona (Real Property Section), the Maricopa County Bar Association and is a panelist with the American Arbitration Association.
- Arizona, 2003
- U.S. District Court, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2015
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Tempe, Arizona
- J.D. - 2002
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Pedrick Scholar
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Order of Barristers
- Keene State College, Keene, New Hampshire
- B.A. in History - 1988
- Honors: Student Leader of the Year, 1985-1986
- Speaker-Arizona Condemnation Summit; Environmental Law Impact on Condemnation: Takings and Appraisal Issues; October 2013;
- Speaker-The Wildfire Menace: Will the West Learn or Burn; May 2015;
- Co-Author-Defenses to Liability Under CERCLA; Arizona State Law Journal Summer 2014;
- Author-Wildfire Liability: The Feds Give and Take; Arizona State Law Journal; Spring 2016.